NCBP Fellows Awards
Attention Bar Leaders and Bar Executives: The National Conference of Bar Presidents (NCBP) is presently accepting nominations for the 2014 NCBP Fellows Award. Awards will be presented on Friday, February 7, at the NCBP/NABE/NCBF Joint Awards Luncheon, held during the 2015 NCBP Midyear Meeting in Houston, Texas. To participate, please review the information below.
The National Conference of Bar Presidents (NCBP) established the NCBP Fellows Award at its 2005 annual meeting to honor an outstanding past president of a bar association. NCBP is currently accepting nominations for the 2015 NCBP Fellows Award. The award will be presented Friday, February 6, at the NCBP/NABE/NCBF Joint Luncheon, held during the 2015 NCBP Midyear Meeting in Houston.
To qualify for a nomination, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a past president of a bar association
- Must have demonstrated a continuing commitment to leadership, service, the work of the organized bar and the purpose of the NCBP
- Must have demonstrated a lifetime of achievement or exceptional service to lawyers or the public
- An individual need not be a dues paying member of the NCBP for consideration
- Current members of the NCBP Executive Council are not eligible
The following information listed below is required to nominate an individual. Please submit:
- Please submit a nomination letter indicating how the nominated individual meets the above noted criteria
- Within the letter, please include the nominator’s contact information
- Also please submit the nominee's resume or biography describing his or her background and contributions
All nominees who are not chosen to receive the Fellows Award will be considered for up to three years from their initial application, and do not need to re-apply. Nominees can be considered for more than three years, but must re-apply after three years.
How to Submit
Please submit all nomination materials electronically, no later than Monday, Dec. 1, 2014 to:
Lynn Ann Vogel, NCBP Fellows Award Chair
c/o Teresa Peavy, ABA Division for Bar Services Program Specialist,
(Acceptable formats include PDF copies and MS Word docs).
Past Award Recipients
||Charles C. Keller, Washington, PA
||Marna S. Tucker, Washington, D.C.
||Jack B. Middleton, Manchester, NH
||Herbert S. Garten, Baltimore, MD
||Mark I. Harrison, Phoenix, AZ
||Roy A. Hammer, Boston, MA
||John L. Carey, Vero Beach, FL
||James B. Sales, Houston, TX
||Joseph L. Stone, Chicago IL