NCBP Fellows Awards
Attention Bar Leaders and Bar Executives: The National Conference of Bar Presidents (NCBP) is presently accepting nominations for the 2014 NCBP Fellows Award. Awards will be presented on Friday, February 7, at the NCBP/NABE/NCBF Joint Awards Luncheon, held during the 2014 NCBP Midyear Meeting in Chicago, Illinois. To participate, please review the information below. New Deadline: All submissions must be received by Wed., December 18, 2013.
The National Conference of Bar Presidents (NCBP) established the NCBP Fellows Award at is 2005 Annual meeting to honor an outstanding past president of a bar association who has demonstrated a lifetime of achievement or exceptional service to lawyers or the public. Award nominees are recognized in early February at NCBP Midyear meetings.
To qualify for a nomination, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a past president of a bar association
- Must have demonstrated a continuing commitment to leadership, service, the work of the organized bar and the purpose of the NCBP
- Must have demonstrated a lifetime of achievement or exceptional service to lawyers or the public
- An individual need not be a dues paying member of the NCBP for consideration
- Current members of the NCBP Executive Council are not eligible
The following information listed below is required to nominate an individual. Please submit:
- A nomination letter indicating how the nominated individual meets the above noted criteria
- The nominator’s contact information (please include in the nomination letter)
- The nominee's resume or biography describing his or her background and contributions
How to Submit
Please submit all nomination materials electronically, no later than Wed., December 18, 2013 to:
Jennifer L. Parent, NCBP Fellows Award Chair
C/o Kira Baltutis, ABA Division for Bar Services Program Assistant
(Acceptable formats include PDF copies and MS Word docs).
Past Award Recipients
2013 Marna S. Tucker, Washington, D.C.
2012 Jack B. Middleton, Manchester, NH
2011 Herbert S. Garten, Baltimore, MD
2010 Mark I. Harrison, Phoenix, AZ
2009 Roy A. Hammer, Boston, MA
2008 John L. Carey, Vero Beach, FL
2007 James B. Sales, Houston, TX
2006 Joseph L. Stone, Chicago IL